I read this: "Whenever a JIRA issue is mentioned in a Confluence page using the JIRA Issue Macro, JIRA will create an issue link to that page for you, automatically." to mean that "whenever" an issue was mentioned, the link would be created.
I have a confluence page that is a "hub" for lack of a better word, for a Feature. On that page, I inserted the JIRA macro and my filter criteria ("project = xyz and issuetype = story and component = 123 and fixversion = R.1" for example). I get a result - say 10 issues or so.
That is inserted in the page, but no "mentioned in" links are created in the corresponding JIRA issues. But the "mentioned in" link is created if only one result is returned.
If I do the exact same filter but return only one result, the link is inserted in the JIRA issue.
Is it not possible for the "mentioned in" links to be created if the JIRA issues macro produces more than one result?
This is problematic for our use case: users should be able to be in their story in JIRA and see the "mentioned in" link back to confluence. We don't want the users to have to create a link jira -> confluence on each story. The wording "Whenever a JIRA issue is mentioned in a Confluence page using the JIRA Issue Macro, JIRA will create an issue link to that page for you, automatically" seems incorrect - or are we doing something wrong? We've checked all our settings - the one by one links work fine, so it doesn't appear to be that.
Thanks for any help.