I am use latest version of SourceTree on Windows 10.
How to increase font-size in SourceTree?
For now, it can't be changed! I think there is an improvement on the issue tracker of Source Tree.
Is there a timeline for this issue please?
Just because of this "minor" issue I am switching to an alternative tool!
Just adding one more voice. I am actually switching back to Sourcetree, because I like Sourctree better, but this font issue is pretty annoying.
Just went searching for this, usually it doesn't both me but lately I've been upping the size of most of my programs. Just find it a little easier scanning with my eyes when you can increase font size.
Over 4 years and nothing has happened. This is obviously not a high priority.
Shame, because SourceTree is my preferred Git GUI. I currently use GitExtensions because of its font size change support.
Adding another request for this. As my eyes get older I need the large-print edition of nearly everything, and Sourcetree is tiny little fuzzy letters when I can read my editor and terminal.
I have vision problems and can't see the tiny tiny font you use. I hate to say this but I think ADA requires adjusting font size for the vision impaired, like me.
Same here, please add the increase font size feature!
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/Increase-SourceTree-font-size/qaq-p/321241
Mac too please!
Amazing how long this has gone ignored, I guess my best option is to uninstall and use something better.
I'm using it on MacBook Pro. The font size is terrible.
Can you just increase the font size by at least 1px. This is crazy.
The top page on the website says:"Visualize your work and push with confidence."I am new to GIT. I stumbled across this app, not knowing if it is active or not, but the first thing I needed to do is increase font size. Form this thread it appears as though it is not an active project? If it is, are there any old people like me working on the development that can let the youngsters know that it is a deal breaker when the user can literally not "visualize" the work because the font is so tiny.
How `font-size` change is minor at the first place is blowing my mind. Technically it could be small (or big), but business wise, it's not especially considering they deliberately set the font size to like 10px or something, which is almost impossible for people older than 40 years !
@Dimitre Novatchev Any traction on the font size issues yet? People like me desperately want configurable font sizes, but do you still think the problem is minor? Unless Atlassian does NOT care for SourceTree.
Yes, there's old people if you call anyone above 40 old.
But who the heck use font size 10px any more, as a fixture? This is almost insane in UI design.
Unbelievable, actually there's a solution to this, at least partial solution.
Same here. I'm now using the git client of VS Code.
+1 here
I have not any visual issue. Simply the fontsize is unacceptable. Since a month ago I migrated to VSCODE git client. SourceTree was my favorite, but I'm not going to get blind cause' of that. No way.
Here a 41 years old 'going-blind' user due I was Sourcetree user.
5.5 years and counting, and the font is still to small to read.
People don't have to have vision issues or sth to have issues reading the text in Sourcetree. Even I (with apparently 125% vision) have issues reading the text some days.Atlassian, we have 4k 5k monitors, not 1024x768. Welcome to the 21st century! Make it zoomable!
Really? It's been 6 years but the Product Owner NEVER considered fixing it.
Hi here,If you're a Mac user like me, you can make your text bigger by following these steps... hope this helps....https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/mac-help/mchld786f2cd/mac
Increasing the system zoom, etc doesn't solve the issue at all. instead it creates more, because everything but sourcetree will be huge.
6 years and still going strong
The font size was fine for me until I recently switched to a 5k monitor. Now I need a bigger font.
6 and a half years later, here we are... and still still going strong
The inability to change the font size is a serious flaw in an otherwise very useful application.
Count me in as another unhappy customer. I scoured the settings, and there's no there there. I'm 81, still working, with vision probably average for my age. The tiny fonts are torture.
Chiming in in 2025. It's absolutely ridiculous that Atlassian is doing nothing about this in so many years. This was bad on my 1920x1200 monitor already, but on my 5k it's insane. I know that the diff can be resized, so why can't you resize at least the tree view as well? In 9 years (!).
[SOLUTION, WIN_11]
Hey everyone,
I found a sneaky way to “fix” the sizing problem in Sourcetree externally! 😄I’m using an Asus TUF Gaming VG27BQ 27" 2K QHD monitor, and the default UI was way too small. Here’s what worked for me:
Steps:1. Locate Sourcetree’s .exe file on your computer.2. Right-click it and select Properties.3. Go to the Compatibility tab.4. Click Change high DPI settings.5. Check Override high DPI scaling behavior.6. In the dropdown, select Application.7. Click OK to close the window.8. Click Apply in the Properties window.
After this, Sourcetree scales much better, and the UI elements are readable and sharp.
Screenshot:
Why it works:This tells Windows not to scale the app itself and lets Sourcetree handle its own DPI. Should work like a charm on high-resolution displays.
Hope this helps anyone struggling with tiny UI in Sourcetree!
Cheers,Daniel
No noticeable change on my display (1920 x 1080), but thank you for the info.
I have the same question. I’m also using the latest version of SourceTree on Windows 10 and find the default font size a bit too small to work with comfortably. I’ve looked through the settings but haven’t found a clear option to increase it. Clear readability really matters here much like with a Morse code translator, where even small visual details can affect how accurately dots and dashes are interpreted. You can check more about it here https://themorsecodetranslator.net/ Would be great if someone knows a workaround or an official way to adjust the font size.
Still nothing?Pretty much game over with a 5k screen.
Allocate some dev time to this, even a blanket zoo in/out will be better than what we currently have.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.