Is it possible to use internal links in Markdown files?
[Link Title](#markdown-header-testlink) [Link Title](#testlink) some text ........ # Testlink some text
Hi Pavel,
Yes this is possible. In your Markdown create a link at the top:
[link](#section)
and in the body of your document, create the anchor:
<a name="section"></a>
We can do something like this
PS: we must add "markdown-header-" before the id of section
* [Configuration](documentation.md#markdown-header-configuration)
# Configuration
For me it works like this:
[Configuration](#markdown-header-configuration)
The difference between the above and the solution proposed by @Hajaniaina R (web) is that I am omitting the README.md
Great! It works. Thanks!
This doesn't seem to work in Bitbucket 5.3.2. Is there a different solution for that version?
if you found any solution please tell me
This did not work for me, but the above ref using html <a> tag did work:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Re-Markdown-internal-links-support-in-Bitbucket-Server/qaq-p/595055/comment-id/16929#M16929v5.11.1 bitbucket server.
Add the text "[TOC]" to the beginning of the document for it to be generated.
The `<a>` tag in the header file did not work in my case (Feb. 2019).
What I did let the README.md file rendered as-is and then right-click the corresponding header I wanted to link to, choose inspect from the context menu (I use chrome, choose the similar option in your browser).
You will see generated html similar to the following:
<h1 id="markdown-header-your-awesome-header">...
Use then this ID tag to link to the header from your code like:
[this is my link](#markdown-header-your-awesome-header)
This is the one, folks! Nice one, Konstantin.
Yea, that works, but that requires manually a edited README (so no typedoc with markdown theme) and frankly it breaks the markdown standard. What a bummer.
In-document links no longer work. Even in this markdown example https://bitbucket.org/tutorials/markdowndemo/src/master/ clicking on any in-document link just reloads the same markdown file but does not jump to the heading.
Is there some solution to section links work?
This feature is really practical for long docs.
Internal links still not working - using `<a name="foo"></a>` just renders the anchor as text. Any solutions for this?
it's already 2020 and this still not working..
ah sorry, nvm, it use [TOC] .. https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/add-a-table-of-contents-to-a-wiki-221451163.html
Jan 2020: I can confirm that Arito's approach works.
Personally, I find it frustrating how Atlassian continues to use it's own proprietary implementations.
I agree, it's very frustrating.
Is there an existing issue on Atlassian Jira for removing the annoying prefix that I could go vote on?
I'm not sure whether I'm complete mislooking this functionality, but I'm not able to get my wiki work.
Markdown elements are perfectly converted/applied in the Edit > Preview, but NOT in the wiki-url display.
Some examples:
So it kind of seems the Bitbucket wiki display uses different libraries to process the markdown to display in the front-end (end-users) vs. what is shown in Preview.
Is this a known issue, or maybe some repository settings I'm missing?
Thanks in advance!
I'm seeing anchors being rendered as well. I had such high hopes of using this wiki product too.
This was the only one that worked for me. Thank you!
This did not work for me, but the above ref using html <a> tag did work
Different scopes:
Use https://www.mkdocs.org/ as very good alternative
I'm stuck with BitBucket as my corporate code forge. My suggestion for those in my boat is to live with the standards-flouting Markdown rendering, and focus on using interactive rendered markdown locally in your IDE. E.g., use CTRL-SHIFT-V in VS Code and you get a nice useful rendering.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.