Hi everyone,
it seems that I have a problem with confluence behind an NGINX SSL proxy and collaborative editing.
Follwing infrastructure was build:
NGINX SSL reverse proxy (OpenBSD)
Configuration like in: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeap/running-confluence-behind-nginx-with-ssl-849150880.html
- ssl enabled
- gzip off
- OCSP stapling on
# Header
add_header X-Frame-Options "SAMEORIGIN";
add_header X-XSS-Protection "1;mode=block";
add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=31526000;includeSubdomains;preload";
add_header Content-Security-Policy "script-src 'self'";
add_header X-Content-Type-Options "nosniff" always;
add_header Public-Key-Pins 'pin-sha256="xxx"; pin-sha256="xxx"; max-age=23328000; includeSubDomains';
[...]
location / {
client_max_body_size 100m;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Host $host;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Server $host;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
proxy_pass http://10.10.10.10:8090;
proxy_set_header Host $host;
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
}
location /synchrony {
client_max_body_size 100m;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Host $host;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Server $host;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
proxy_pass http://10.10.10.10:8091/synchrony;
proxy_http_version 1.1;
proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
proxy_set_header Connection "Upgrade";
}
Confluence application server (Ubuntu 16.04.2)
Configuration like in: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/installing-confluence-on-linux-143556824.html
- PostgreSQL running under localhost:5432
/opt/atlassian/confluence/conf/server.xml:
<Server port="8000" shutdown="SHUTDOWN" debug="0">
<Service name="Tomcat-Standalone">
<Connector port="8090" connectionTimeout="20000" redirectPort="8443"
maxThreads="48" minSpareThreads="10"
enableLookups="false" acceptCount="10" debug="0" URIEncoding="UTF-8"
protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
proxyName="confluence.xxx.xx" proxyPort="443" scheme="https" />
Symptons:
1. After logging into confluence I can see the first HTTP 404 errors in NGINX access.log while I am asking myself if /undefined/rest... could be correct:
x.x.x.x - - [07/Jun/2017:14:36:59 +0200] "GET /undefined/rest/supportHealthCheck/1.0/check/admin HTTP/1.1" 404 31798 "https://confluence.xxx.xx/welcome.action" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Ubuntu Chromium/58.0.3029.110 Chrome/58.0.3029.110 Safari/537.36" "-"
x.x.x.x - - [07/Jun/2017:14:37:00 +0200] "POST /undefined/rest/analytics/1.0/publish/bulk HTTP/1.1" 404 31792 "https://confluence.xxx.xx/welcome.action" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Ubuntu Chromium/58.0.3029.110 Chrome/58.0.3029.110 Safari/537.36" "-"
2. After a click on Create ... on top bar, I get this behavior: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/editor-fails-to-load-in-confluence-6-x-due-to-could-not-initialize-class-org-xerial-snappy-snappy-error-859462192.html but not having the error messages in the log files which are described in this document.

I also get more HTTP 404 error on NGINX access.log like:
x.x.x.x - - [07/Jun/2017:14:46:49 +0200] "POST /pages/undefined/json/startheartbeatactivity.action HTTP/1.1" 404 31865 "https://confluence.xxx.xx/pages/createpage.action?spaceKey=ds" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Ubuntu Chromium/58.0.3029.110 Chrome/58.0.3029.110 Safari/537.36" "-"
and a lot of:
x.x.x.x - - [07/Jun/2017:14:47:49 +0200] "POST /pages/undefined/json/startheartbeatactivity.action HTTP/1.1" 404 31865 "https://confluence.xxx.xx/pages/resumedraft.action?draftId=851969&draftShareId=8f486ff4-b7e3-4e57-a036-f712050868a0" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Ubuntu Chromium/58.0.3029.110 Chrome/58.0.3029.110 Safari/537.36" "-"
3. A click under Settings -> General configuration -> Collaborative editing produces a lot of WEBUI errors 
and more 404 errors in NGINX access.log:
x.x.x.x - - [07/Jun/2017:14:54:17 +0200] "GET /admin/confluence-collaborative-editor-plugin/undefined/rest/synchrony-interop/synchrony-status HTTP/1.1" 404 31792 "https://confluence.xxx.xx/admin/confluence-collaborative-editor-plugin/configure.action" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Ubuntu Chromium/58.0.3029.110 Chrome/58.0.3029.110 Safari/537.36" "-"
Resolution tries:
Conclusion:
After reviewing this text I think the main problem seems to be the "undefined" but I have no clue where this comes from. I would be thankful for every help and hint I could get.
Additional question:
Is it normal that there are a lot of ESTABLISHED localhost connections from confluence to the PostgreSQL database (around 21) and a lot of TIME_WAIT (around 15) even if there is no ongoing traffic on the website?