Hi Team,
Can we have cascaded drop down in JIRA SD. I mean if I select a value in one drop down, next drop down will populate accordingly.
Please advise.
Regards
Shreshtha
Yes. Just add a custom field of type Select List (cascading).
Hey Shreshtha,
The below screenshot is the field you'd want to use most likely. After selecting Multi-Level Cascading Select you'll give the new field a name and have the ability to add your first level options. After clicking create, find the field again and click the cog icon --> configure. You'll then be able to add additional cascading lists to your first level options.
If your questions is more about automation, such as reporter is Collin --> auto populate contact information please let me know as the native fields don't have this ability.
Thank you Collin and Jack.
So to be very precise, if I select Country - India in a drop drop 1, Drop down 2 should populate all states in India, and then if i select Karnataka in drop down 2, Drop down 3 should have all cities in Karnataka.
So basically nested parent and child relation will work ?
Shreshta,
Yes Parent and Child relation is exacly how it will work.
Collin
Perfect Many Thanks. Appreciate your quick response.
Hey Collin,I did not find "Multi-level cascading select field" in the custom field in Jira V7.2.7. Should I need to install any plugin? Please help me.
Hi Collin,
I couldn't find any "Multi-level cascading select field" in custom field section,could you please suggest me , how to get this option ?
Hi @Venkateswara Kumar
it is Multi-level cascading select plugin
you can get it from marketplace
but the cascading custom field could't show in the SD Portal (
I have heard using this cascading feature plugin wont have good results syncing to MySQL database, is this true?
is the same possible in Jira CLoud?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.