Imagine I have two tickets, 123 and 456 and I am working in sprint 1. At the end of sprint 1, 123 gets a status of done but 456 failed testing and must carry over into sprint 2. If I do a query at this time for anything in sprint 1 that was done, I'd only get 123. Now, sprint 2 is over and 456 is done...remember it was active for 2 sprints. If I query now for anything in sprint 1 with a status of done, I get both 123 AND 456 because the history of how long a ticket has been active is retained...so, technically it's tru...456 EXISTED in sprint 1, but achieved a Done status in sprint 2. So what I really want to query for is any ticket that achieved it's status, whatever status I might want IN a given sprint...or something similar. I do this for reporting to my bosses on what has been completed every sprint and if you go backward in time, reporting starts to get skewed.
I know I'm doing something "wrong"...I just don't know if it is a bad process, data points not being used that might help out with this...but we have tickets that, unfortunately, can end up crossing mutliple sprints and its creating havoc with historical reporting.
Can any one offer up some advice?