I would like to be able to find out if a particular user is activated or disabled in Confluence via the REST API (or some other similar method). I can find how to get the details of users via the REST API (e.g. GET of http://example.com/rest/api/user?username=jblogs), but those details do not seem to return the status. Is there something I can use in the "expand" property perhaps?
If you have access to the database you can run a SQL query like:
select user_name, active from cwd_user where lower_user_name = 'admin';
The lower_user_name is the login username. The results should be something like this:
The T means the user is active.
Thanks for the response. This is what I ended up having to do, along with an HTTP to SQL connector in order to access it from another internal website.
How to get access to the database for confluence? I need to do it from EXCEL VBA - is that possible if the admin grants me the rights? Do I need to install something?
What if we don't have access to the database to run queries? How can we find this user status information via API?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.