Hi!
I've been looking into the documentation that you have in regards to Confluence use.
The article below seems great but the links to the plugins are broken:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf54/confluence-user-s-guide/advanced-and-special-uses-of-confluence/developing-a-knowledge-base-on-confluence-wiki/additional-add-ons-for-a-knowledge-base
I also checked: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/viewing-site-statistics-123043962.html#ViewingSiteStatistics-notes
But the information is not visible in the lower part of the document.
I need to know the most popular and least popular pages/spaces on Confluence to know how they are adding value or if it's time to remove content and keep our documentation lean and relevant.
Something similar to the basic Google Analytics dashboard but in Confluence, I've seen plugins, but they charge for this basic service...
I'd really appreciate your help.
Thanks a lot,
Federico Olmus
Please consider an external analytics tool; there are some free ones on this list:
The 10 Smartest Web Analytics Tools
Do they apply for Cloud Confluence?
Hi Federico,
We created an add-on that provides insights into the most popular/unpopular pages in Confluence Cloud. It includes both a high level overview of activity but also the details like who has viewed a particular page – all integrated into the Confluence experience.
You can find more information here: Analytics for Confluence Cloud
Closer examination of the products indicate you have to add an agent of some kind to the instance - you are right that this is restricted in Cloud.
You might consider Google Analytics in Confluence
we use the tracking plugin from Servicerocket for that:
(https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.customware.confluence.plugin.tracking/server/overview)
Once it is deployed, it counts all page hits (except the ones from the last author) and gives you views to see these page hits as table or single count or last view date etc.
We are happy with that. And it is for free.
Thank you, Thomas, I'll check it out.
You're welcome :-)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.