We have 500 user licenses and right now very few are left .That being said, We deactivate terminated users in Jira to reclaim the license back.
When I try to deactivate that user it throws a message saying that "Cannot Deactivate user because they are curently the Project lead on these projects : it could be anywhere from 5 to 30 Projects ( open and closed ones) "
So far before the Previous jira admins were changing Project lead on all these projects ( open/closed) manually. I dont want to get into that mess as it doesnot make sense to go in each project and change the lead. Is there any other effiecient way of doing this? may be some JQL query that I could use or some SQL query that I could give to my SQL DBA to run against the db
Also When I try to search for the Projects in Jira for this user, it only returns all Issues for her that were assigned to her or that she reported and not the Projects that she was a lead on.
Sorry for long post though..