The most useful thing about confluence was the file tree on the left of each page. With the June 1 patch, that's gone. How do I get it back? I can't find a setting anywhere.
I checked with the Cloud team and it looks like they pushed some updates to your instance that I don't have yet. Here are more details:
Latest changes in Confluence Cloud
There isn't any "configure sidebar" option in the new format.
Please try Space Tools>Configure Sidebar at the bottom left of the page. You can toggle between Child Pages and Page Tree.
That option does not exist. See screen shot below. I've clicked on everything.
When you referred to the June 1 patch I assumed you meant an update to a Cloud instance. Is this a server instance that was recently upgraded? It looks like a custom theme or other customization is being applied. Here are screenshots from both my Cloud and server instances, as you can see, they are very different from yours:
My recommendation is to get in touch with whoever applied the patch on June 1 and find out what they changed.
Sorry, this is the cloud instance, we do not host this locally.
It's an unfortunate mistake to remove a feature that teams rely upon. Navigation tree is what sets Confluence apart from other options.
The problem is that while authoring content, I need to see the tree. The iPad app has it, but authoring content on an iPad is beyond annoying.
Is there a way to roll our instance back? I have to seriously reconsider the documentation strategy with this change.
You can roll it back for your profile. The profile menu has moved to the lower left of the screen. Users can also choose to opt back in to this experience via the profile menu as well
To get the whole instance rolled back you will have to open a support ticket at https://getsupport.atlassian.com
Thank you, I did not see the option to opt-out, so I did that and offered my feedback.
Thank you so much for your patience and assistance!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.