First, a related issue. We currently are unable to report issues against our cloud-hosted Jira instance: hibernate.atlassian.net. The reporting flow says that this is not a valid ("Sorry, we can't find this Cloud URL."). If someone from Atlassian happens to see this, any chance we can get that recitified? Thanks!
As to the bug we wanted to report (but can't, see above)... we occasionally have problems where we are unable to search for issues in that Jira instance. We get no results back even though we know issues match. When this happens the solution is to manually re-index, at which point the same query works.
On a related note, I have noticed a lot of messages when I go into admin screens about admin changes having been made that require a re-index. I mention it because these seem to me to show up excessively and I wonder now if they are related.
Any ideas?