I am trying to use SSH to push a repo to our Bitbucket server for the first time. I am probably missing a step since this is all new to me. If you have any thoughts, let me know.
The error I get is: ssh: connect to host scm.it.mtu.edu port 7999: Connection refused fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Steps I have taken.
On Bitbucket server....
1. Verified SSH enabled, keys enabled, port 7999, and base url=ssh://scm.it.mtu.edu
2. Created project & repo. (empty repo). Project key is EBAP.
3. On the settings>access key of the repo, I copied in the rsa public key. (note: I also tried to adding the public key to the project)
On my pc using Git Bash...
4. Made sure SSH agent running with private key
5. cd to repo
6. $git remote add bitbucket ssh://git@scm.it.mtu.edu:7999/scm/ebap/(repo)
7. $git push -u bitbucket --all
---------
Note: I was able to push the repo using HTTPS but I want to create a script to push using SSH without having to supply credentials.
Todd