This is the documentation I was able to find:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching+Functions#AdvancedSearchingFunctions-cascadeOption()
In all the examples the parent value is specified. I want to search for a child value across all parent values. Specifically, I want to get a list of all records that have a any parent value but no child value.
Any ideas?
@JohnBishop- Thanks anyway. I guess I am SOL for this...
1. Too many first level values and too much work for a query I only need to run once or twice.
2. No one available.
3. Too much trouble for a query I really only want to run once or twice.
It doesn't look like that is currently supported, so there doesn't seem to be an easy way to accomplish this.
I can think of 3 alternatives at the moment:
1. Build a jql query where you AND together a bunch of cascadeOptions (one for every possible first level value of the field).
2. Develop, or have someone else develop, a new searcher for the cascading select field type.
3. Create a hidden text field which will store some value, maybe "TRUE", if the cascading field on that issue has both values, and "FALSE" if it only has the parent issue. Then you can just query this hidden field. You'd probably need to use either a listener or a Scripted Field to keep everything up to date.
Thanks for the option 1., this worked for me as there is just a couple first level values.
10 years later and still no solution for this issueSuggestion to Atlassian team:provide "any" keyword as opposite to "none"=> cascadeOption(any, none)That would be an easy and great solution!!!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.