Hi,
I'm trying to upgrade Confluence from 5.9 to 6.2 and have gone through the Atlassian upgrade docs. However, I feel there may be 1-2 gaps in the documentation provided. If anyone can review the steps below or fill the blanks, that would be great. These are the step based on setting up a 'staging' instance first.
Prod Confluence: conf-prod
Prod DB: conf-prod-DB
Stage Confluence: conf-stage (newly created)
Stage DB: conf-stage-DB (newly created)
1. perform mysql export on conf-prod-DB (file called conf-prod-DB.sql)
2. import conf-prod-DB.sql into conf-stage-DB
3. Tar up conf-prod confluence-home.tar and confluence-data.tar directories and move these to conf-stage
4. Extract confluence-home.tar and confluence-data.tar under conf-stage/opt
5. Download atlassian-confluence-6.2.1-x64.bin
6. Copy mysql-connector-java-5.1.38.tar to /confluence-install/confluence/WEB-INF/lib
7. Edit /opt/atlassian/confluence-install/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties to point to Confluence Home directory
Now, before I run the atlassian-confluence-6.2.1-x64.bin installer, should I remove the /opt/atlassian/confluence-data/confluence.cfg.xml file completely? Since the confluence.cfg.xml file came over as part of the production tar file, it would contain the produciton DB info.
Assuming the answer is "Yes" (deleting the confluence.cfg.xml) , would the GUI installer require me to put in the staging DB info like all other installs?
If the answer is no, (leaving the confluence.cfg.xml there), I assume I would have to update it with the staging DB info. However, what other parameters within the confluence.cfg.xml would I need to update?
Thanks!
-H