I get that I'm now supposed to use a verifed email as a username instead of my old username. When I change my username to my verified email, I still get the 401.
I'm using basic auth without base 64 encoding to send my username and password. My program is a ruby script using HTTParty to hit the REST API. Additionally, we use GSuite to manage users, but before we switched to GSuite, I had created a a username for my user to use with this api script.
WTF mate?
[2nd Update]
This is getting ridiculous. I cannot run my much needed data extraction scripts because of this issue. I'm getting freaking steamed that no one has even shunted a help doc my way. WTF is going on at Atlassian HQ?
[Update]
Come on guys. If you don't offer me a number to call or chat, please reply to these kinds of things quickly. MY REST API CALLS ARE FAILING and I haven't changed a thing.