We are running confluence 5.4.4 with crowd server authenticaiton. I want to upgrade it so I'm trying to setup a staging instance.
I've installed the 5.4.4 confluence server with the exe file, then created a mysql schema and imported the backup.xml to populate this staging instance.
As we are using a crowd server to authenticate I modified the crowd.properties config file to point on the crowd server and I also modified seraph-config.xml and seraph-paths.xml
As the crowd.server.url attribute was not changed in the database (according to the crowd.properties file), I updated it manually.
When I start confluence, there are no error message and the service is up and running (I even see the crowd sync successfull message)
When I try to login, I'm redirected to the confluence login page. Here is what I checked/tested:
- the crowd url is accessible from the server (works when I try to connect through web browser)
- according to this page I tried after clearing all cookies/private navigation; there are no firewall/proxy issue; I both tried to change the application path (as we are also running jira on the same server but on a different port and URL) and specified a cookie name in the web.xml file
- I activated the debug mod on the crowd server and it shows that the authentication request is handled in the same way that any other application we are currently using in production (jira, confluence, stash etc). All the authentication steps are successfull and it ends with "generating token" and "user xxx has access to the application <confluence>
Specs :
windows server 2012 r2
jira 7.4
confluence 5.4.4
java 1.7
I could not find any similar case on the community Q&A. Does anybody have an idea?
Thanks