I'm doing several bulk actions across our JIRA instance in an effort to improve organization and standardized behavior. I lot of my use of the bulk action tool is complicated by being unable to edit certain issues. The bulk action tool will not allow you to edit if you do not have permission to edit one or more of the issues within the selection.
To identify what issues I didn't have access to, I completed a bulk action one "current page" at a time, until the tool would not allow me to edit. This helped me to realize that only issues from project "Foo" were causing this issue.
In project Foo, jira-administrator is a part of the project administator role. Some functions (like edit) had been restricted to the developer role, so I added both jira-administrator and my own name to the developer role. When I look at an issue and open the permission helper, it checks out and says I should be able to edit. However, I cannot.
What am I missing here? I'm going to do a background re-index, but after that I'm out of ideas.