I unintentionally deleted rather than closed a story. The story had time tracked to it. I am trying to determine if the "tracked time" has any record or history in the system without the issue itself?
When the issue is deleted all reference to it is deleted. I STRONGLY suggest you not delete issues. The forum is full of questions trying to get deleted issues back or related info. I use a resolution of Deleted set by a post function on a transition that can only be executed by the project lead and a required field for the reason why to status closed.
Great advice. Sadly too late in this case though. Thanks for the response!
Yes, most of the time it is too late. I came from an envirionment where you never deleted any system of record because it was the system of record. Since JIRA doesn't reuse numbers there would be a gap and eventually someone would look at a report and ask about the missing issue.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.