Hi,
I am trying to add a comment while changing issue status by rest api.
curl -D- -u admin:admin -X POST --data @/Users/ziyan/Desktop/test.json -H "Content-Type: application/json" https://mytestingurl.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue/ZD-25/transitions?expand=transitions.fields
Here is the JSON:
{ "transition": { "id": "61" }, "update": { "comment": [ { "add": { "body": "Bug has been fixed." } } ] } }
For some reason, I get the 204 response and have my status changed, but I am unable to add the comment. What could possibly go wrong?
Please help! Thanks
I believe that you just have the order wrong. Try this and it should work:
JSON:
{ "update": { "comment": [ { "add": { "body": "Comment added when transitioning issue" } } ] }, "transition": { "id": "61" } }
That doesn't change anything
Is the comment posting if you remove the transition?
I figured out the answer. You can only add a comment while transitioning by REST if you require a comment for transitioning in UI. Thanks for your help Brant.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.