We have a large multi-project Jira installation. We currently use Jenkins as our CI platform, with the Marvelution Jira/Jenkins plugins to integrate everything. All is working fine.
We are taking over control an existing project which uses its own Jira with Hudson (v2.2), and the old Marvelution Jira/Hudson plugin. We need to port this project into our Jira, but it will retain its existing Hudson server. I'm not sure of the approach I should be taking.
I don't think I can keep using the old Hudson plugin, as (a) that doesn't appear to be supported and more, and (b) it seems to have some functionality gaps that make it unusable in a larger enterprise environment (ref: https://marvelution.atlassian.net/wiki/display/MARVJIRAHUDSON/Documentation+Homeand https://marvelution.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JJI/Documentation+Home).
On the other hand, I understand (https://marvelution.atlassian.net/browse/JJI-102) that the more up-to-date Jenkins plugin does not work with recent versions of Hudson. But that seems like it's just the plugin at the Jenkins end that this applies to, so does that mean I can still use the Jenkins plugin in Jira to connect to Hudson? I'm not clear on that.
And assuming I can use it, what functionality will I lose by not having the corresponding plugin at the other end?
Thank you.
(and yes, I know the real solution is to port the Hudson server to Jenkins, and that probably will happen further down the line, but I need to get things up and running sooner than that)