I am using Groovy Scriptrunner. How can I add a comment that says, "In UAT" when a transition is completed for an issue?
Hey Karrie!
I've coded up a simple example for you to use here:
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor //Get appropriate managers/handlers def commentManager = ComponentAccessor.getCommentManager() def authContext = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext() //Define currentUser because it is not an available default def currentUser = authContext.getLoggedInUser() //Add comment to issue transitioned. The name on the comment will be the current user's name. //The boolean value delegates whether or not an event is fired. commentManager.create(issue, currentUser, "This is where the comment goes!", true)
Steps to use in transition:
The script that I provided above is a very simple example, but you can add more complex properties to the comment or add make a default user to be the commenter if you like (etc...). You can see other possible methods to use in the JIRA API.
Thank you!! That worked perfectly!
No problem, if you have any other questions let me know!
Do you know how to do this with Jira and scriptrunner cloud?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.