We want to re-index our Jira server every night. I found the following guide, but it is only for linux: Guideline for Linux
Is it possible to somehow apply this to a windows server?
Can I ask you, why are we doing this? Ideally we shouldn't be doing this as indexes are updated automatically when issues are updated and when configuration changes are done, it is a concious decision to reindex.
I'm with Renjith on this.
A requirement for "regular reindexing" is almost always masking a significant problem that you should be fixing.
It's "plastering over the cracks" instead of "fixing the subsidence of the house"
Automatic reindexing has been disabled, as the server becomes very slow when it is running.
Every time a project is changed, it requires a reindexing.
That's a pretty big structural problem.
Turning off indexing is the worst thing you could possibly have done.
You need to look into the performance issues, not render your systems useless by turning off bits of them.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.