Hey Agile Enthusiasts,
I am using Story points as my Estimation Statistic and enabled time tracking to track the progress in sub tasks that contain hourly estimates. Now if PO creates a Task instead of a Story, I will not be enter the Story points to that as the estimate field is not available for Task issue types. So in order to enter storypoint estimation for a Task should I use the custom field - 'Story Points' ?
But isn't this weird as I have already configured my board to use Story Points as estimation and the Estimate field is actually the story points field in the issue detail view.
My questions are:
1) Is it logically correct for me to put a story point estimation on a task when I have defined my estimation statistic as "Story points" ? I mean I may have to treat both the stories and tasks on the same hierarchial level.
2) My concern is would JIRA consider the story points in the "Estimate" field for "Stories" and the custom field "Story points" for "Tasks" issue types while calculating velocity ?
Your repsonse is appreciated !
Thanks in advance !
Karthiga