This should not be this difficult. I'm new to Jira but a longtime developer with a small team, so we don't have thousands of projects to manage. I have built reporting and dashboard analytics in other systems for many years and what I want should be dead simple, but holy cow I think developers sometimes make things complex just because they can.
I need a simple "All Project Status" dashboard that I can share with the development team AND the sales team, that is really straightforward. It just needs to show the backlog projects, work-in-progress, and completed projects, with resource allocation. This is to handle two things - a visible project page for the sales team, so they know what we are slammed with when they decide to over-commit us to something new, and secondarily a "front door" for the dev team, to help them pick up additional work.
This should almost be out of the box stuff, I would think. But I've spent a lot of time looking into filters, gadgets, and I'm coming up blank and getting frustrated. I like the tool to build stories and get development going, but I also need high-level project visibility and that is a lot harder than it needs to be.