I have an excel file in confluence and when I select to expand the list of versions under that there used to be an option Edit in office... that is now missing. What happened to it? The only options are Preview, View, Properties and Delete.
Hi Carolynn,
The option Edit in Office only works in certain browsers (and with certain plugins installed). You can see the prerequisites here.
Hope this helps.
Best,
Maarten
When did this change? I was able to edit yesterday with both Crome and Firefox.
I'm pretty sure that it shouldn't have worked in Chrome ever as this is simply not supported in Chrome itself.
Not sure why it stopped working for Firefox, maybe you can ask your Confluence admin as they may have (accidently) disabled the feature.
Hi Maarten,
in my Chrome Browser, this works fine ;-)
I am able to edit Word and Excel files and save them back to Confluence after changing.
We are still on Confluence 5.10.7 - maybe it is not working in Confluence 6 anymore?
Server version has not been working for the past few days? Used Chrome, IE, Firefox and no capability to edit.
Hi All,
I tried all the above options but unfortunately still not able to edit the excel sheet on the confluence. Only way working as of now is download edit and upload a new file. I also noticed that the office connector plugin(version 7.0.3) which is available with the confluence version 6.11.0 doesn't contain all the modules which were available in office connector 5.0.7. Because in the older version we were able to get an option of "edit in office" for any of the office attachments. Kindly help us in resolving it.
Thanks,
Mounica
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.