We ran in to a situation where the owner of a board can not edit the board anymore. During my investigation as an admin I have unsuccessfully tried to change the ownership of the board and have it assigned to me.
First error I get was "The user '<myJiraUserName>' does not have permission to share with Project: '<projName>' Role: 'Developers'.
I had to add myself to the Developers role in the <projName> project in order to bypass this error.
Then I started getting a different error "The user '<myJiraUserName>' does not have permission to share with Group: '<groupName>'."
When I try to assign the same owner. I get the same error for him. "The user '<currentOwner'sJiraUserName>' does not have permission to share with Group: '<groupName>'."
Both me and the current user are in jira-users group which have the Create Shared Objects global permission.
So I have 2 questions:
1) why cant the owner edit his own dashboard?
2) why cant the admin change the ownership of the dashboard to himself in this situation?
We are using Jira v6.3.12 on our server. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
could first question be related to this bug?
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-29701