After upgrading my client from 1.x to 2.x the Checkout in Sourcetree links in bitbucket don't work.
In Firefox I was able to change the path to sourcetree for the handler to its new location `C:\Users\dneely\AppData\Local\SourceTree\app-2.0.20.1\SourceTree.exe` but other than a wait cursor spinning for a second in the browser nothing happens. (And even if it did work now, won't baking the executable version number into the path mean that I'll need to fix it every time it updates).
Chrome doesn't even do that much, and I can't find a way to change the app association. The only documented solution I could find on how to do so appears to be out of date (or Google is doing something different on Windows) because my `Local State` file doesn't have any text matching `protocol_handler` or any varients of sourcetree that I tried.
Digging into my registry based on one answer I found the following key:
> HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-310591559-4105708594-108812639-1110\Software\Classes\sourcetree\shell\open\command
with the value:
> "C:\Users\dneely\AppData\Local\SourceTree\app-2.0.20.1\SourceTree.exe" -url "%1"
The latter is the location that sourcetree installed itself on my computer. Tools-Options-General-Use this version of SourceTree for URI association is checked.
Hermo Terblanche that a sourcetree process was starting and dieing after a few seconds I went hunting for and found the `\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\sourecetree.log` file. Each instance of ST that is spawning and crashing a few seconds later is writing an instance of this into the file.
ERROR [2017-06-12 10:16:29,006] [1] [SourceTree.App] [OnStartup] - Failed to start
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SourceTree.Host.Bitbucket.BitbucketHost.GetCanonicalUri(IConfigurationManager configurationManager)
at SourceTree.Host.Bitbucket.BitbucketHost.get_CanonicalUrl()
at SourceTree.AppRoot.HandleExtendedIntegrationUrl(Boolean isFirstInstance, String url)
at SourceTree.AppRoot.ProcessArguments(Boolean isFirstInstance)
at SourceTree.AppRoot.DoWindowStartupTasks()
at SourceTree.ViewModel.MainWindowViewModel..ctor(IRepositoryTabContainerViewModel repositoryTabContainerViewModel, ICustomActionsManager customActionsManager, IRepositoryManager repositoryManager, IAnalyticsDataManager analyticsDataManager, ITraceManager traceManager, IDispatcher dispatcher, IAccountManager accountManager, IFailureHandler failureHandler, IDvcsManager dvcsManager, IConfigurationManager configurationManager, IInstanceManager instanceManager, ISchedulerManager schedulerManager, IWebManager webManager, IRepositoryMonitorManager repositoryMonitorManager, ISshKeyManager sshKeyManager, INotificationsManager notificationsManager, IPreferencesManager preferencesManager)
at SourceTree.MainWindow..ctor(IRepositoryTabContainerViewModel repositoryTabContainerViewModel, ICustomActionsManager customActionsManager, IRepositoryManager repositoryManager, IAnalyticsDataManager analyticsDataManager, ITraceManager traceManager, IDispatcher dispatcher, IAccountManager accountManager, IFailureHandler failureHandler, IDvcsManager dvcsManager, IConfigurationManager configurationManager, IInstanceManager instanceManager, ISchedulerManager schedulerManager, IWebManager webManager, IRepositoryMonitorManager repositoryMonitorManager, IApplicationManager applicationManager, ISshKeyManager sshKeyManager, INotificationsManager notificationsManager, IBookmarkManager bookmarkManager, IPreferencesManager preferencesManager)
at SourceTree.AppRoot.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
at SourceTree.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
Still not working in 2.1.2.5
Just tried uninstalling, nuking all sourcetree related data I could find from my system and reinstalling. This included:
1. All Sourcetree registry keys.
2. C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Atlassian\*
3. C:\Users\dneely\AppData\Local\SourceTree\*
4. C:\Users\dneely\AppData\Local\SourceTree-Settings\*
5. C:\Programdata\Atalassian\*
After doing all of this and reinstalling I still get a second sourcetree prosess spawning for several seconds and then dieing without launching the checkout in sourcetree dialog.
2017/08/11 update. Still broken in 2.1.10.0