I'm using the adhoc Editor and staff approval workflow in a space. I made some mistakes in setting up so that only editors could see in-process pages and anyone could see only published pages. So, I re-initialized the states of all of the pages in the space to Draft, with the override option.
The problem is that although those pages that had been published were re-set to Draft, but the Published version did not go away. Looking at the timestamp on the schisophrenic pages showed that they were the same document, but the Published ghost page was visible to everyone.
In the space workflow-report ALL pages are shown as Draft (as expected), NO pages are shown as Published (as expected), but, when I go to the page itself, the page is marked Published and the muted Draft link is still present, as if nothing had changed.
If I modify and publish one of these anomalous pages workflow acts as expected and I have one Published page and no Draft pages.
It seems as if there is a residual flag somewhere marking the content Published that isn't cleaned on space-wide reset.
Is there a cache somewhere I need to purge to remove the "ghost" Published pages? Can I flip a bit in the database so the same document doesn't get shown twice?