We have JIRA issues that we don't want to show to users without a special approval. How would I do it?
Use issue security: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/configuring-issue-level-security-861253265.html
Thank you Nic.
Is it possible to move certain issues (not users) to a "bucket" which some users won't have access to? I hope it's not a silly question.
No, because issues live in projects, and one of the most important things a project does is provide consistent configuration of the behaviour of the contents.
I know what you are looking at when you say "bucket" and the simple answer is that you should consider a JIRA project to be the same thing as a bucket in the legacy systems you've got the idea from. That will mean you don't need to worry about issue security schemes, and just get the permissions right.
Nic, do I understand it right that there is absolutely no way to restrict access to certain issues in different projects to certain people? I checked JIRA Perfmissions and didn't find anything which could block the access to certain people.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.