Our company-wide Jira Instance has 100+ projects across many subsiduaries. My team, with their 20 projects have 10 really useful custom fields that they need in addition to the standard items.
I can add these fields to a default screen set, and easily associate this set of screens (screen scheme) to my projects. If I clone a project, this screen scheme gets copied too.
I can do all of this without disturbing the other 90 or so projects.
But create a custom field? I cannot find such scheme paradigm. I have to manually, for each CF, select which project to add it to from a multi-select list of 100+ projects.
Create a new project? I have to update each of ten CF's to add that project to their context.
This is so stupid, I must be missing a trick. There must be some way of grouping my ten CF's together into a group, rather than selecting "global context" and adding this new CF to every project in the instance.
What have I missed?