I want to remove the "Filter Results:" text from the title of my filter results gadget on my dashboard. I believe I might have to edit the XML file and give it a blank title... could someone tell me where to find this file or what it is called? Thanks.
It is slightly easier in this case because the gadget gets that text from the i18n property files. You can modify the gadget.filter.results.specific.title property in JiraWebActionSupport.properties file under atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/com/atlassian/jira/web/action folder. You will need a restart.
Having said that, I will pass it if I can because you will have to keep doing this for every upgrade. A better option might be to rebuild the filter-result gadget, as a new plugin, and modify the title in gadget xml. You just need to start using the gadget from the new plugin.
You'll need to find the atlassian-plugin.xml file in the source code, I think the file you will need to open up is jira-gadgets-plugin.<some number>.jar as that will contain that file.
Thank you! I edited the gadget.filter.results.specific.title in JiraWebActionSupport.properties by taking out the "Filter Results:" part of the title and then saved it and then restarted my JIRA service. However, it still looks the same on the dashboard. Is there something else I am missing to make it accept the change? Thanks for the help!
What is the language configured in your JIRA instance?
Java, I'm assuming?
New feature was released in July, where dashboard gadgets can now be renamed in JIRA. Just hover on the gadget's title bar and select the more (…) button. Then, choose Rename.
Is this for the Cloud version only? I am using a Server version and don't see that option
Same issue as Tiffany!
I cannot see the "Rename" option in Server version
Regards
Eilyn
Here the same problem. Would love to be able to rename it.
The solution to modify the JiraWebActionSupport.properties seems complicated to me. A simpe rename would be great!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.