I would like to search my project for the top 3 ranked issues. I thought about using something like "LIMIT", but it looks like JQL does not support that. For example, if Jira did have LIMIT support, I would be able to use a query like the one below to find the top 3 ranked open bugs in my project:
project = "My Project" and resolution = unresolved and type = bug order by rank LIMIT 3
Is there another way to achieve this same result without LIMIT? Does Jira store the "Rank" value in a field somewhere? What is the mechanism that Jira uses to detemine and store Rank? I'm thinking that if Jira stores this information in a field, I could then write JQL to search for rank within certain values. For example, if Jira used a field named "Rank Number", I could write something like:
project = "My Project" and resolution = unresolved and type = bug and "Rank Number" >= 1 and "Rank Number" <= 3
Ultimately, what I'm trying to do is notify my coworkers when they have an open bug assigned to them that is ranked in the top 3. I want to use JQL to find these issues, then have each of my coworkers set up a subscription so that they are emailed whenever the search yields any results. I want to use a JQL query like the below to set up their subscriptions:
project = "My Project" and resolution = unresolved and type = bug and assignee = currentUser() and "Rank Number" >= 1 and "Rank Number" <= 3
Which field should I use in place of "Rank Number" in that query?