Hi,
I am trying to figure out how I would be able to upgrade my current Confluence instance in Linux. my current Confluence version is 4.3.1, and I am planning on upgrading it to the latest version, which is 6.1.1. I understand that I have to upgrade to the latest version of 5.10 before I can proceed to 6.1.1.
But I am very unsure as to how I will proceed with this upgrade. I am not sure as to how my current Confluence instance was installed, as it was installed by someone else in the company before I had arrived, also there was no information or documentation made on how it was installed.
I have checked for more information online, for example on this site. it mentions that if using a standalone installation, I can use the installer to upgrade it:
I have also checked my instance, and from the README.txt, it tell me that it is of a 'Standalone distribution', with a built in Tomcat webserver. which means that it was installed using an Linux installer, because if an installer is used, the latest JRE and Tomcat is installed along with it.
But when checking the download for the installers, it shows the ZIP/TAR.GZ archive as the standalone installer.
How will I know in this case?. I apologise if I am unclear on some parts of my question. I have only been using the application recently.
Thank you