Hello,
I've started using Portfolio for a few months and now that we've reached release time I wonder how to actually use the cross-project release feature (CPR) to close the CPR and the individual releases (or versions in Jira).
It's fairly straitforward to create a CPR and to link it to individual releases for the projects in the plan. Even the "align date" is pretty nice when some deadlines shift. But how am I supposed to handle the fact that a release has been done and that the CPR has to be released?
In Jira, one can release a version and automatically re-assign open issues to another selected release but it doesn't seem to be possible to do the same with a CPR. Am I suppose to release the individual releases one by one? How can I keep the release in the plan for further reference and indicate it as done?
I also found that even though some release dates are overdue (e.g. 31-03-2017), Portfolio keeps on adding issues to those releases and complains that they are late. Is this a bug ? It seems obvious to me that doing so will result in an overbooked release.
Thanks in advance for sharing your experience,
Stephane