Being a newbie, I have very little idea about what I am doing but I would like to create a report with just some text fields from a particular issue type and other text fields from a different issue type.
To explain in more detail, each project has objectives:
- Strategic Objectives (the high level objective)
- Operational Objectives (the Strategic Objective cut in to smaller pieces)
In each Strategic Objective, there is a key. In each Operational Objective, there is a different key and a field that contains the Strategic Objective key.
What I want is a report that lists the Strategic Objective key and description. Then, in a column next to it, all the keys and descriptions from the Operational Objectives with a matching key.
Any Strategic Objectives without any matching Operational Objectives should be included but the second column will be empty.
Later I will want to add other information about the status of the objectives but if I can get this don then I should be able to figure the rest out for myself.
It should be possible to export the data as an Excel or anything so that it can be copied and pasted into other reports or presentations.
Any ideas about how to achieve this? I am open to all suggestions and techniques - add-ons or Excel macros.