Hi,
I have just finished configuring the apache AJP with an ssl certificate. I would now like to use Apache's rewrite/redirect engine to redirect our landing page to https. I have tried using the following:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [R=301,L]and also
Redirect permanent / https://help.example.org/
I've set my Jira base URL to https://help.example.org
My virtual hosts look like this
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName help.example.org
ProxyRequests Off
ProxyVia Off
<Proxy *>
Order deny,allow
Allow from all
</Proxy>
SSLProxyEngine On
ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPreserveHost On
ProxyPass / ajp://help.example.org:8009/ retry=0
ProxyPassReverse / http://help.example.org:8009/
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [R=301,L]
Redirect permanent / https://help.example.org/
<VirtualHost _default_:443>
ServerName help.example.org
ProxyRequests Off
ProxyVia Off
<Proxy *>
Order deny,allow
Allow from all
</Proxy>
SSLCipherSuite ALL:!aNULL:!ADH:!eNULL:!LOW:!EXP:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+SSLv3
SSLCertificateFile "conf/ssl.crt/jira3.crt"
#SSLCertificateFile "conf/ssl.crt/intermed.crt"
SSLCertificateKeyFile "conf/ssl.key/jira.key"
SSLCertificateChainFile "conf/ssl.crt/example_.pem"
SSLProtocol all -SSLv2
SSLEngine on
SSLProxyEngine on
SSLVerifyClient optional
SSLVerifyDepth 2
ProxyPreserveHost on
ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPreserveHost On
ProxyPass / ajp://help.example:8009/ retry=0
ProxyPassReverse / http://help.exampleorg:8009/
</VirtualHost>I have noticed that upon browsing to http://help.example.org automatically redierects to http://help.example.org/secure/dashboard.jspa . I think this is my problem, because my rewrite code is targeting a landing page of .org/ instead of secure/dashboard.jspa
I have tried a number of possible Rewrite Engine solutions and have not had any luck. Has anyone successfully set up a login page redirect?
Thanks,
Jared