We track all non-trivial tasks on our Kanban board so we have a comprehensive view of everything the team is doing. Many of these tasks don't result in software that will be released (e.g. do point-to-point testing with system X) and therefore, won't have a fix version.
When we do a release, of course all of the issues in that fix version no longer show on the Kanban board, but the ones without a fix version won't go away. I'm sure this can be done with the board filter but the only way I can see to do it would cause them to disappear as soon as they were moved to Done.
The current Kanban subfilter is: fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY
If I removed the 'fixVersion is EMPTY' part of that, they'd disappear.
How do you deal with these types of issues so they don't hang around on your board forever?