I've managed to get Jira up on my server now, it's a vanilla installation straight from the install docs running on port 8990 and connected to a postgres db on localhost.
My reverse proxy is Caddy, it simply redirects http://jira.mydomain to http://localhost:8990 (no SSL, that looks like a nightmare to set up, one of the reasons I use Caddy is the automated SSL - but I won't bother with that right now).
I first got the baseurl error which I fixed. Now I'm getting this other error which seems like its trying to use localhost for every reletive address.
The dashboard shows the `UrlHostnameMismatchException` but I've tried to set the hostname URL via server.xml:
<Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="jira.mydomain">
<Host name="jira.mydomain" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
<Context path="" docBase="${catalina.home}/atlassian-jira" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">Restarted and still the same error. How on earth do I fix this? Do I have to modify the Caddy config to do something or change the Jira config?
I'd rather not install another proxy just for Atlassian apps, Caddy does a great job for my existing services and the painless HTTPS support is great.