HI
I have followed the follwoing instructions:
Step 1: Switch to your repository's directory
cd /path/to/your/repoStep 2: Connect your existing repository to Bitbucket
git remote add origin https://rabol@bitbucket.org/rabol/wifdt.gitgit push -u origin master
That did not work.
Then I followed theses:
git init
git remote add origin https://rabol@bitbucket.org/rabol/wifdt.git
git add --all
git push -u origin master
then I get the following error:
error: src refspec master does not match any.error: failed to push some refs to 'https://rabol@bitbucket.org/rabol/wifdt.git'
Why is it so 'complicated' ??
Hi Steen
For the above steps to work, you need to have your repository created locally and it must be a Git repository. You said the first set of steps did not work, did you get any error message? Can you paste it here?
For more info on how to initialize a Git repo you can follow our tutorial Setting up a repository or read the official Git documentation.
Cheers!
Ana
Hi
the problem is that the 'guide' on bitbucket is missing a step
before the 'push' a 'commit' is needed - that is not mentioned on the 'front' of a new repository
Hi Steen, the guide is assumming that you already have a repository (this is a code project that has already been initialized with Git or Mercurial). In your case it looks like you didn't have a repository, but un unversioned code project.
As this could be confusing for some users, I've submitted a feature request to make this message clearer and also to add a third option to that screen: 'I have an unversioned project'. You can find this feature request at https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues/14243/include-steps-for-how-to-start-with-an. You can vote for it to increase it's popularity, watch it to receive updates or add a comment.
In the meantime, you can find the steps at Add unversioned code to a repository.
Hope this helps!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.