My company has >100 repositories in >50 projects and I want my search to go over like 95% of them, without have to search in each one individually. I want to be able to exclude a few projects/repos from my searches.
The documentation I found (1, 2, 3) didn't tell me any way that that I can exclude a specific Project or Repository from my search.
For example, I am able to search in a single project or repository by using queries like these
- SP_ObjectName1 repo:Project1/Repository1
- SP_ObjectName1 project:Project1
But I am not able to exclude a project or repository from my search
- SP_ObjectName1 NOT project:Project1
- Error: "Your query couldn't be parsed. We've searched with a modified query."
- Searches ONLY in Project 1
- Returns reults where these strings are highlighted:
- SP_ObjectName1 -project:Project1
- No error
- Searches in all projects
- Returns results where these strings are highlighted:
- I get the same errors when you replace the project portion of 1 & 2 with "repo:Project1/Repository1", so I didn't think it was worth writing up.