About a month ago I imported a bunch of issues to a 5.2.11 Jira using CSV. It turns out that there were attachments that should have come with those issues. So I am now hoping to update all the imported issues, adding the appropriate attachments.
Things I can do/have done:
-Put all the attachments in <JIRA HOME>/import/attachments/
- Set up the CSV file so that each issue has a line including issuekey, summary, list of attachments in format "date;user;file://filename_on_disk" (as described in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/How+to+import+attachment+using+CSV)
However, it says here (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Importing+Data+From+CSV#ImportingDatafromCSV-Updatingexistingissues) that this will blow away all other fields of the issues. Is this really true? It doesn't/I can't tell it to leave other fields as-is?
Do I have to dump all the existing data for these issues, include it all in my CSV, and re-import it all? That seems crazy. Is there a way to make these kind of bulk updates?
I'd appreciate any help! Thanks