I want to remove the STATUS field option from the default issue navigator for a project for the CUSTOMER group because the customer's have their own custom status field. Is that possible?
I beleive you can do this by switching to the "System" columns configuration seen in the "Columns" dropdown:
Only admins should have this "System" option - if you make changes here, changes should be reflected for all users.
Thanks. I found the Columns option and removed Status from the drop down menu but it doesn't remove the filter from the Issue Navigator for all users.
When in the Issue Navigator in List mode, you should see the dropdown on the right-hand side just before the list of issues begins.
This is where I want to hide the Status filter:
It's not going to happen - status is an integral part of JIRA, and hence is never going away. You can't run an issue tracker without the fundamental information of "summary" and "status".
There are some tricks you might play with javascript or core hacking, but that status is going to come out everywhere. Your customer's customfield, while it may be useful to them, is not a useful status, it's just a data point.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.