I'm looking for an easy way to get notifications of updates on my Jira issues. Either via a desktop App or via something like the notifications in Chrome: Can anybody point me in the right direction? https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.notificationassistant/server/overviewSeems to only support mail
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.nebulio.addons.jira.notifications.server.Notifications/server/overview
Seems to only support SMS / Text messages
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.brokenbuild.cloud.notifier/cloud/overview
Only works for Jira Cloud
Hi Stefan,
I assume that you want more than the notifications that you can configure to receive to your email account? I set the notifications within JIRA, with the noise-level that I want, to notify me of certain activities on any given Issue.
The 2 places I make changes are
K
Hi @Stefan Immel,
Why don't you check In-App & Desktop Notifications for Jira.
Why to pay extra for a service that we are already paying for?
Any service in the world has notifications. I dont get why Jira dont offer that...
Hi Kirsten. What about Desktop or in app notifications?
Because you're not paying for a service that does desktop notifications. It's an additional function, provided by other software.
Atlassian don't feel notifications inside the browser end of the application is worth doing (or if it is, it's low down the list), so they haven't done it.
Its totally bizzar to think that notifications for communication inside the app isn't important.
If notifications were not important, why they notify me by email? Why to notify at all? Why to have several apps open, when you can solve all in 1 single place?
I also do not understand why desktop or native notifications are not something important for Atlassian and its community. It is true that I also would not like to have pops-up for EVERYTHING, but email notification is too old system. Most of email notifications just get lost. Instead, I really would like to have something that can pop up when, for example, a Jira that I am waiting for long time is finally DONE. Especially this can be important when these Jiras are dependencies or things monitored by managers. Even more important than what happens in Jira would be pops up of what DOES NOT happen, for example a Jira task that it has been there since weeks...
his is a pretty big failing of Atlassian in general - bitbucket and Jira not having notifications
Well, you'll never be notificated when being assigned to any issue in this way.
any plans to implement notifications? I agree with Shlomi and I think we're not the only ones looking for this kind of feature.
Hopefully someone would see this 😅
Saludos! ✌🏽
Agreed. Today a lot of the com is happenning in Slack BECAUSE people get notified instantly. I would not be surprised if Slack come up with a ticketing system, and then Jira will feel the pain.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/jira%20notifications
Do we have a ticket on Atlassian backlog for this already?
Even though it may have "notifications" in cloud, at least for NextGen these are just under the notifications icon after you open the web page. They're not pop-up notifications. Not in-browser anyway (I can't install a native Jira client on my workstation, and don't really want notifications on my phone). It would be good to utilise the in-browser notifications that are now fairly standard for many apps and sites. Slack isn't an appropriate solution (that shouldn't be prioritised ahead of native notifications because a vast many corporations don't use Slack).
I agree. At least "web notifications" through the UI . Asana seems to have all those .
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.