At the request of the user, I changed a username from firstname.lastname@emailaddress to firstname.lastname. The user can log in and work fine within Jira (7.2.2), but we can no longer assign tasks as we get the following errors in Chrome:
The JIRA server was contacted but has returned an error response. We are unsure of the result of this operation.
When I click OK on the errror dialog box, the following errror appears:
An error occurred
Please try refreshing the page, or contact your administrator / Atlassian Support if the problem continues.
Details
Exception: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'value' of undefined
I have attempted to revert back to the old user name. Same error.
I have cleared Login Tokens for the acct. Same error.
I have deactivated and reactived the acct. Same error.
Any other ideas before I just create a new user acct (really don't want to lose the user history)?