I attempting to upgrade from JIRA 5.1 to 7.3. We wish to do this by migrating to a new server as the ops sys (Redhat 6) on our JIRA server is out dated as well. Following Atlassian's instructions, "Migrating JIRA to Another Server", an XML backup needs to be performed with no users commected to avoid an incosistent backup.
We have several Atlassian products and they were set up using a reverse proxy server for access using AJP protocol. The problem I'm having is that if I disable the proxy server, I am unable to log on to the JIRA server directly to do the XML backup. I get the error message The <myJiraServer> page isn't working. <myJiraServer> didn't send any data.
The HTTP entries on the JIRA server are commented out in the server.xml file. I'm guessing this is the reason I can't connect directly. Can someone provide instructions on temporarily disabling ajp / enabling http so I can block users and connect locally and make the backup?