My understanding from this question about HTTP Basic authentication not working anymore for jira.atlassian.com is that the workflow should be something like the following:
If this is correct, then perhaps this no longer works or there is a PEBKAC.
If this workflow is not correct, what should I be doing to ensure that I can use Atlassian Accounts through REST for JIRA?
Thanks in advance,
Sohail
Are you just trying to use basic auth to log in to your Cloud JIRA instance (for example https://{your-instance-name}.atlassian.net)?
Or are you trying to log in to https://jira.atlassian.com (Atlassian's public-facing issue tracker) specifically?
Hi Sam,
Thanks for looking. I'm trying to use the REST API on my instance.
I am not using any "auth" on the JIRA side, but trying to figure out which cookies need to be set and where to get them from. What I have pieced together based on my experimentation with cURL and looking at cookies in the browser is that I have to get the following cookies:
I can get the first two, but not the last. I'm not sure how that is set, or where it comes from.
Does a cURL using basic auth not work for you? This works OK for me:
curl -D- -u user\@example.com:password -X GET -H "Content-Type: application/json" https://yourjirainstance.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue/createmeta
Note I use my Atlassian Account login details (so email address and password, instead of username and password).
Based on this example: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/jira-rest-api-basic-authentication/
To do cookie-based auth, I log in over REST using POST /rest/auth/1/session and use the resulting session cookie in subsequent requests along the lines of the example here.
Edit: updated links to point to the newer versions of the cloud REST API docs.
This does not work for me. I believe the reason is due to the recent upgrade to Atlassian accounts (SSO).
For a single solution to using SSO with your Atlassian products, consider Crowd 3.4 with its SSO 2.0 - Crowd’s single point of access for Jira, Jira Service Desk, Bitbucket, and Confluence across different domains with one common login page.
but that all are not free/open source and for small cos it is too big amount to pay. can you suggest any free implementation for sso to use here in jira and confluence
What about supporting login through Okta's SSO? Lots of companies are using this and it is currently not working.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.