I'm trying to get JIRA and Confluence installed on a local machine on our private LAN so our small team of developers can use the tools. However, Confluence won't let me connect to the JIRA server. If I set the JIRA Base URL to http://hostpcname:8080 and then enter that in the JIRA Base URL field when setting up Confluence, it says: "This is not a valid URL for JIRA 4.3 or later." I've been following along with the instructions of your Dragon tutorial and this is where I get stuck.
The host pc does not have a webserver installed, but I am still able to access JIRA and Confluence from another PC on the network by entering in the base URL and port or even using the machine's static IP address, but I can't get Confluence to use either of them to connect to JIRA. We have no intentions to open this up to the outside world so I wasn't intending to install a webserver at this time. Unless that's the only way to successfully complete this step.