Hi,
I’m running Confluence 6.0.7 behind an Apache 2.4 configured to work as a SSL Proxy. I changed the context path to “/current” (in server.xml) so that I access my instance as https://<my URL>/current. So far so good, no problems encountered.
I would like to use Synchrony by means of the internal proxy (so that I don’t have to open an extra port) and, at the same time, change its context path as well. In particular, in the documentation [1] I read that "If Synchrony can't be reached via /synchrony-proxy we'll automatically try /confluence/synchrony-proxy (where /confluence is your Confluence context path).” I would expect Synchrony to be reachable as https://<my URL>/current/synchrony-proxy, while in the log file I see something like “Synchrony External Service URL: https://<my URL>/synchrony-proxy/v1”
I tried to edit the file <Confluence installation>/conf/Standalone/localhost/synchrony-proxy.xml and modify the “Context path”, but nothing changed. I also tried the system property “synchrony.context.path”, though I don’t think it’s relevant in my case.
In conclusion, my questions are:
- how can I customise the context path of the Synchrony proxy
- once the previous step is successful, how the Apache Proxy rule should be modified (I suppose that "ProxyPass /synchrony-proxy http://localhost:8090/synchrony-proxy” won’t do the trick anymore).
The reason why I need to customise the context path of both Confluence and Synchrony Proxy is that this is a test system, where there are different versions of Confluence running in parallel. Of course each of them has its own Tomcat container and database.
Thanks in advance for the help.
Matteo
PS: if I configure Confluence without context path and I enable the internal proxy (all behind the SSL proxy), I don't see any issue, everything works as expected.
[1] https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeap/administering-collaborative-editing-847355676.html