I am currently running JIRA Server 6.4.1 (upgrading to 7.3.x in two weeks!) and just encountered an unusual problem, and I am not sure if it's a bug or functioning as designed.
The Setup
I am a JIRA administrator and manage several dashboards and a couple dozen filters that are associated with the various gadgets on those dashboards. They looked nice enough that I was asked to make dashboards for the other teams that also report to my director. I created them based off my existing dashboards, then shared the whole lot of them out to between 3 and 5 groups of users, depending on who needed to see each. In every case, there is a 'jira-adminstrators' group that I am a member of, and that group has share permission to all filters and dashboards.
Some of the groups that have share access do not normally have me as a member, so to grant them access I temporarily added myself to the groups, granted them permission, and then removed myself from the group. For example, 'it-ops-leadership' normally only contains our Sr. Director and VP of IT.
The Problem
Even though I am a JIRA administrator, I own all filters and dashboards, and I am a member of at least one group that has share permissions with the filters and dashboards, I cannot edit any dashboard that is shared with at least one group I am not a member of.
Is this normal? It seems like a bug to me.