Lets say I have releases 1.1 , 1.2 , 1.3 out of which both 1.1 and 1.2 are released, what is the JQL to show just the released versions.
So I need a JQL that returns only the released versions 1.1 and 1.2
You can use the releasedVersions function.
See https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/advanced-searching-functions-reference-861257222.html#Advancedsearching-functionsreference-releasedVersionsreleasedVersions() for more details.
thanks could figure that out
But one small clarification I want to take this JQL and set it as a filter to show on dashboard the list of release that are completed. when i set this filter it shows all the issues that are from all the completed releases, like I mentioned in the example I just want to see the fix versions
You can probably create a filter using this and use it in a pie chart by selecting fixVersion as the statistic type? That will list all the released versions with number of issues in it.
You can do similar things with 2D Filter Statistic gadget as well.
Thank you so much @Jobin for the help
The syntax for releasedVersions is releasedVersions(project) but when I try entering the project name it throws a error.
The JQL that I was using is fixVersion in releasedVersions(Online Ops)
I think that JQL ONLY returns issues (issues, bugs, subtasks, etc.). Only and always just issues. You cannot write JQL to get a list of versions, or assignees, or priorities, or whatever else is not an issue.
this would be very nice, because we have releases with different categories that are under the same "Major Release", which we can only write in the description field of our "(Sub-)Releases".
But we can not create a filter/board/report, which would give us all "Release-Objects" with description containing e.g. "6.5.3". Jira is very limited with their systemfields
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.